The Apprenticeship Levy – Get Prepared!
Apprenticeship policy is changing and the Government is placing renewed emphasis on Apprenticeships as a key factor in the development of the workforce right across the UK. The Public Sector will now face apprenticeship targets as an integral part of workforce development and new entrant recruitment. Are you ready for this?
With new government apprenticeship levy coming into effect on 6 April 2017 all UK employers in both the private and public sector with annual pay bills of more than £3million a year will not only have to pay a levy but importantly will be able to access funding support for providing apprenticeships. Are you equipped to take advantage of this?
We think it is very important that organisations begin preparations to access this funding to ensure they don’t miss out. For many employers this will mean they may need to reorganise their apprenticeship strategy / delivery.
How we can help you
Skills for Health is the leading authority in the UK on Apprenticeships in the Health Sector. As a Sector Skills Council we are engaged extensively in this area and are directly involved in the delivery of circa 5000 apprenticeships per year. Working in partnership with our National Skills Academy for Health we can offer you the following support, information, advice and guidance to ensure you don’t miss out on critical funding:
Strategy and preparation
- Understanding the levy and making the most of it of the new funding available and maximising your return
- Apprenticeship Strategy Development (getting organisations started/making it sustainable)
- Apprenticeship/Framework Design
- Completion reporting & benchmarking (FISSS data)
Implementation and Delivery
- Capability & Capacity building
- Implementation support
- Brokerage support – working internally to increase apprenticeship opportunities
- Information Advice and Guidance – making most of levy/advice line services
- Full managed service
- Apprenticeship Training Agency / Apprenticeship Employment Agency
- Qualification Design / Award / End Point Assessment
Find out more
Read our news story: The Apprenticeship Levy; if you don’t use it, you will lose it!
For more information on our work in Apprenticeships, please click here.