The value of a person-centred approach in health and care is increasingly recognised – much has been written about what it is and why it is important. However, it is less clear how to develop the workforce to put this into practice – which is the purpose of this framework.
The framework launched in July 2017 and comprises the following subject areas:
- Core communication and relationship building skills
- Step 1. Conversations to engage with people
- Step 2. Conversations to enable and support people
- Step 3. Conversations with people to collaboratively manage highest complexity and significant risk
- Delivery of training, education and learning opportunities
- ‘Enablers’ for embedding a person-centred approach
Download the framework
Sign up to receive updates from Skills for Health
By signing up to our monthly newsletter, HealthView, you can hear all the latest news and developments on our work, including any framework consultations or launches.