Clinical Support Worker of the Year
Hundreds of individuals have been nominated for the Our Health Heroes Clinical Support Worker of the Year award.
Meet our finalists
- Claire Petford Norton is a Healthcare Assistant from Milton Keynes University Hospital (MKUH)
- Eileen McCullough is a Support Worker from Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- Thomas Gregory-Smith is a Community Support Worker at Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
Voting is now closed for this award category. Winners will be announced at the Our Health Heroes virtual ceremony on the 23rd of March.
How were finalists selected?
This award celebrates those in clinical support roles, providing vital support services for patients and service users in health and social care settings. Clinical support workers play a crucial role in the delivery of exceptional care, without whom the health and social care sector simply couldn’t exist. These people have been on the frontline helping to care for the most vulnerable in society, many working in roles that often go unnoticed.
Clinical Support Workers in health and care settings including but not limited to; healthcare assistants, maternity support workers, theatre support workers, physiotherapy assistants, podiatry assistants, dietetic assistants, orthotic and prosthetic technicians, OT support workers and many more who improve the experience of care.
- Reliably working to high-quality standards
- Caring and compassionate approach to those who use services
- Being an effective colleague – being part of the team/supporting others (or proactively supporting the work of the team and others)
- Identifying and undertaking innovations in their place of work
- Having a positive attitude and willingness to embrace innovation and improvement
- Being a strong role model for the organisation and its ethos
If you have any questions please email OHHAwards@skillsforhealth.org.uk