Recruiting and retaining good quality staff for entry-level roles can be an expensive, time-consuming task. So why not commission health sector pre-employment programmes to deliver the workforce you need, and the care your patients expect?
The programmes are available through Skills for Health’s partner organisation the National Skills Academy for Health and local networks. They can:
- Reduce your recruitment costs
- Improve staff retention
- Support recruitment and training from your local community
- Provide ‘job ready’, motivated individuals
- Increase your standing as a socially responsible employer of choice
“The return on investment is clear. Turnover of staff recruited through this pre-employment programme is 50% lower than through other routes.”
Patrick Riley, HR Manager, Cwm Taf Local Health Board
Benefits of NSA health sector specific programmes
- Supports development of loyal and motivated workforce
- Achieve high return on investment
- Recruit the right individuals who have acquired the appropriate employability skills for entry level posts
- Target and customise training through a programme that can be locally adapted to your needs
- Your local skills coordinator will work with you at every step.
The Sector Employability Toolkit (SET)
The SET identifies and trains individuals suitable for entry level health support worker roles. Working through an extensive network of Local Employment Partnerships they source the best candidates from long-term unemployed and other Jobcentre Plus target groups. Each person receives bespoke training, support and a comprehensive three week work trial prior to joining your staff.
Find out more here.
The Health Sector Pre-Employment Programme (HSPP)
The HSPP aims to develop a skilled and committed health sector workforce of the future that’s ready to meet your staffing needs. The five to eight week course provides a clear pathway into Level 2 qualifications and Apprenticeship Frameworks for young people aged 18-24 in your local community.
Training in the Pre-Employment Programmes is completely adaptable to your particular needs. And you can be assured all programmes are informed by and linked to:
- The specific needs of the sector
- The Knowledge and Skills Framework
- National Occupation Standards
- National standards for adult literacy and numeracy
- The best evidence-based HR practices
- Clearly defined learning outcomes and assessment criteria agreed with each client
The sooner you take advantage of these sustainable Pre-Employment Programmes, the sooner you can guarantee consistent, high quality patient care, from every level of your workforce.
Find out more here.