Whether you are commissioning, conducting service reviews, or simply redefining your roles, investing in our Customised Career Framework service can have significant long-term benefits for your organisation.
- Increase flexibility of your workforce
- Provide insight to tackle current and predicted skills gaps in your organisation
- Identify suitable training and education to be commissioned
- Improve staff retention
- Make staff recruitment, development, and transfers a more open and objective process
- Provide potential to improve patient experience
Based on your priorities and workforce needs, Skills for Health will help you map competence requirements of local roles to provide you with the career framework to make informed, effective plans for every staffing level of your organisation.
Employers using Customised Career Framework
"The changes we made have improved consistency and quality of patient care, given staff greater confidence in their roles, and enabled us to work more efficiently. We now see more patients in less time. Already we’re reaping the benefits. It’s been a great experience and the staff involved now have an appetite for change, which we want to spread across to our other services."
Joanna Birch, Clinical Director, Clinical Therapy and Rehabilitation Service. Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
Examples of Customised Career Frameworks
Skills for Health’s Customised Career Frameworks have already been successfully implemented by a range of organisations.
Allied Health Professions Career Framework
- Developed by Skills for Health in partnership with the Allied Health Professions across the UK
- Can be used to support personal development planning and enhance patient centred care
- Ready resource of AHP and support worker roles already mapped to the career framework.
View the framework here
Administration, Business Support and Management of Health Services Career Framework
- Covers roles which can attract people into the health sector at all levels
- Supports career progression, staff retention, enabling people to reach their full potential and remain in the sector
- New roles enable employers to be innovative with merged roles that mix both administrative and clinical roles.
View the framework here
Public Health Career Framework
- Suitable for wide range of specialists and practitioners spanning different organisations
- Applicable for a variety of strategic, service and operational levels
View the framework and supporting information here:
You can find out more about what Customised Career Frameworks can do you for you in our FREE catalogue. To download an electronic version click here.
To find out more about key elements click here.
For further information on how our solutions can help you with your local workforce challenges please contact your Regional Director or Country Director.