We all know the focus on how we deliver apprenticeships is changing right? Here is what you need to know...
The government’s new apprenticeship levy comes into effect on 6 April 2017. UK employers in both the private and public sectors who pay the levy (those with an annual pay bill of more than £3million a year) will be able to access funding for apprenticeships through their Digital Apprenticeship Service account.
Organisations must begin preparations to access this funding now to ensure they don’t miss out. For many employers, this will mean a complete review and reassessment of their apprenticeship strategy.
How we can help you
As the leading experts in healthcare apprenticeships, Skills for Health and The National Skills Academy for Health, can offer you in-depth support, information, advice and guidance to ensure you don’t miss out on this critical funding.
“It’s simple: If you don’t use it, you will lose it.”
We have a number of support services and mechanisms already in place that can ensure you understand exactly what is happening and what must do to get it right.
Strategy and preparation
- Apprenticeship strategy development
- Apprenticeship delivery design
- Completion reporting and benchmarking
Implementation and Delivery
- Capability and capacity building
- Implementation support
- Brokerage support - working internally to increase apprenticeship opportunities
- Free Information, advice and guidance via face-to-face and advice line services
- Fully managed apprenticeship service
- Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) – You host your apprentice whilst they are employed by the ATA, taking care of all the HR and payroll administration.
- Qualifications, awards and end-point assessment (EPA)
Have you got your apprenticeship strategy in order?
First and foremost, you must understand why you are using apprenticeships. The next step is working out how you are going to get the most out of the levy.
With a wide range of apprenticeship reforms due to be implemented during the course of this parliament, it’s critical that your organisation has an effective apprenticeship strategy that works under the current policy and is able to respond to the upcoming changes. Can you answer the following questions?
- What benefits can apprentices bring to our organisation?
- What investment will apprenticeships require? What will be the return?
- How can we optimise our investment?
- How can we ensure our investment in apprenticeships is sustainable?
Let us work with you to ensure that you successfully access your funding and that the return on investment is sustainable and above all successful.
Find out more
Read more about our Apprenticeship services.